Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Family Name on the wall

Pictured below is the first piece of vinyl I ever put up in my home! I ordered this a few years ago, and I have loved having it. In beige vinyl was our last name and over it in black was "Home is where our story begins". We always had lots of compliments on it.
I recently took this vinyl off as we are preparing to sell our house and I wanted to both de-personalize things as well as put a fresh coat of paint on. I'm happy to report that it was a cinch to take off and the vinyl left no marks at all on the wall. I also took off the vinyl pictured below (my kids' names) which I had cut myself, and it was also equally easy. So, while I can't make any guarantees, my personal experience thus far is that vinyl comes easily off the wall without any damage to the paint or wall.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Good to know. My question is: Does it stay in tact well enough to re-use? Or is it a one time thing?

Jenny Whiting said...

This type of vinyl is a one time thing. It tears apart when you take it off. I think some craft stores sell pre-designed vinyl that is supposed to be reusable...I think it might be a thicker, more plastic-like vinyl, but I don't know. I haven't tried them.

Julie and Carlos said...

Hey I didn't realize that you did vinyl! I'll have to remember that! Is there a way to go online and pick a font?
Julie
julietsanches@yahoo.com

Jenny Whiting said...

No, I don't have anything that fancy yet...as far as picking out fonts online. I can just e-mail a pdf with font examples to you. Maybe eventually I'll figure out how to put the fonts on here. :)