Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rag quilt

I know this isn't vinyl, but I think I'm also going to use the blog to post other crafts that I make as well. Of course, I don't usually have a lot of time for other things, but it's always fun to share after putting the time and effort into making something. These baby rag quilts have become something of a trademark for me in my last ward and I probably made 10 over the last couple of years as gifts, especially for all the ladies that I served in Young Women's with. This one was for a good friend having her second girl, and she probably didn't really need another blanket, but I didn't want to move without giving her one of these!
What makes me the happiest about this blanket is that I didn't buy a single piece of new fabric for it. I used all existing fabric, hoping to diminish my stash of flannel a little! These are seriously so easy to make and SO much faster than a traditional quilt. That's my style!

2 comments:

erin said...

ADORABLE!

The Boohers said...

Do you have a tutorial for this? It's sooooo cute!